Get all the advice, information, tips and guidance you need to become a search engine optimization pro.
SEO Tools & Guides
Explore a wide variety of beginner & advanced SEO guides on a range of topics (from ideas to strategy and growth) that should give you plenty to learn in your own time.
Free SEO Support
Don't know where to start? Not sure what SEO tools & services to use? Want to know about search marketing strategies? Want to know what ROI means?
Ask a SEO Question
Use the same tools the top search marketing companies use. Generate explosive growth by driving more traffic & converting better.
SEO Keywords & Competitor Research
SEMRush allows you to discover which of your competitors are ranking in Google for high value SEO keywords.
Analyze the top ranked sites in your niche using SEMRush to understand how and why they are dominating. This sheds light on what will be required to compete.
Analyze a competitor or use SEMRush's built-in SEO keyword tools right now.
Incorporate SEMRush data into your SEO and use it to create a strategic advantage for any search marketing campaign.
Note: You are able to use SEMRush for free by signing up. However, the free plan is limited to 10 requests per day - thereafter a paid plan is required.
How to Drive (Free. Organic. Search.) Traffic to Your Website
There are a lot of gimmicky SEO & marketing strategies out there. Directory listings. Comment spam. PBNs. You name it.
Drive valuable organic traffic to a business website or blog with one foundational principle that forms the basis of all other online marketing strategies - from SEO to email to social media.
- Who your readers/customers are.
- Who your competitors are.
- What content they are producing.
- How well they are ranking for specific keywords.
- Why they are ranking.
- Who links to them.
- How they are getting backlinks.
- How you can get those backlinks.
This is inexpensive (a small fraction of the cost of hiring a marketing agency to do the same thing) and easy to do using only two tools - Google & SEMRush. Here's how.
Getting Traffic to Your Blog/Site
- Identify a handful of keywords you want to rank for in Google (See "Keyword Research Quick Start" in Blog Marketing).
- Build a list of the sites that rank well for those terms (by searching those keywords in Google).
- Use SEMRush to analyze each competing site and discover why they are ranking (See "Advanced SEO" in SEO).
- This information helps you understand what type of backlink profile you'll need to compete for free organic traffic and who might also link to your content (i.e. if certain sites link to your competitors they might also link to your content).
- Create great content that targets the keywords you're after (see Blog Marketing).
- Build relationships with people who link to your competitors (see Influencer Marketing).
Rinse. Repeat (with a new set of keywords).
Questions? Need help? Ask.