Selling online is getting easier and easier every day, from a technical point of view, because the technology to handle online transactions (like online shopping cart builders) is fast, easy to use, and cheap.
Top companies offering work from home jobs
Today's modern workforce is placing ever-increasing demands on companies to offer them employment packages that suit their desired lifestyle - and work from home jobs are a huge part of that. After all, no-one dreams of one day joining the rat race and sitting in traffic for a few hours every day.
A lot of tech oriented startups have completely embraced the virtual office and it is quite natural to have employees all over the world, working office hours from home in whatever time-zone they're in.
But it's only the last few years that bigger corporations have started recognizing the benefits of offering home based jobs - one of the biggest being that it can help attract the right talent (who might otherwise go with a competitor who is offering home based opportunities).
But, just because telecommuting jobs are more commonplace doesn't mean that it's easy to find a good job at decent pay in this market. The competition is fierce, and convincing people to take you on in a remote environment is tricky.
Top 20 work from home employers
Flexjobs, an online leader in telecommute jobs, put together a list of the top companies that are actively offering good pay, work from home jobs. If you know of any others, let us know and we'll add it to the list.
You can click on any company name to open and explore a list of the currently available jobs (including work from home jobs) available in that company in your area:
- Teletech: A business process outsourcing (BPO) company offering jobs primarily in IT, from programming to customer support, writing, and sales.
- Convergys: A customer support company offering jobs in customer service, data collection, and sales.
- Sutherland Global Services: A technology and business process management company offering jobs customer care and technical support.
- Amazon: One of the world's most successful eCommerce companies offering jobs in marketing, finance, IT and sales.
- Kelly Services: Provides a range of workforce solutions to most of the world's largest companies and offers jobs in accounting, payroll, claims, IT, and science.
- Kaplan: An education based company that offers teaching, study, and instructions based jobs.
- First Data: A payment processing company that offers jobs in sales and consulting.
- IBM: A world renowned technology company offering jobs in management, graphic design, IT, programming, and engineering.
- SAP: A global enterprise software and solutions company head-quartered in Germany offering jobs in programming, IT, customer service and sales.
- Westat: A research company offering services to governments and large organizations, offering research related jobs such as interviewers.
- UnitedHealth Group: A diversified U.S. based healthcare company offering jobs in nursing, customer care and a range of medical/healthcare disciplines.
- Dell: A computer hardware company offering jobs in pre-sales, sales, consulting and IT.
- Working Solutions: A virtual contact center solution provider offering jobs for home based customer service and sales agents.
- Intuit: A computer software company specializing in accounting and finance, offering jobs in tax, accounting, IT and sales.
- US-Reports: A commercial insurance service provider offering jobs in insurance loss control and other insurance based roles.
- Xerox: A document technology company offering jobs in customer care, project management, data entry and IT.
- PAREXEL: A global bio-pharmaceutical company offering jobs in research and business development.
- Aetna: A healthcare benefits company offering jobs in social work, nursing, and project management.
- Humana: A healthcare company offering jobs in customer care, social work, nursing, and other medical related professions.
- VMware: A business productivity software company offering jobs in consulting, system engineering, and other IT based roles.
Remember, that this list is not exhaustive. There are plenty of companies, both large and small, that are more interested in finding the right employee than making them come into the office each day.
What about smaller companies?
Don't be afraid to look at smaller companies either. I work in an office with 4 people in South Africa. Another three work in London. Two work in India. One in Taiwan, and one in Singapore. There are also a few part-timers who work in Europe, the States and the middle east.
This virtual office/telecommute company structure works really well because everyone on the team understands that they need to pull their weight. All the work gets done on time and to a high standard, and the business operates perfectly well without direct oversight and micro-management.
If you're interested in browsing over a big list of work from home jobs, check out our work from home jobs resource page.
Found This Useful?
Share it on your own site using this quick link (and tell us about it in the comments so we can read your article too).
<a href="http://smepals.com/business/top-companies-offering-work-home-jobs">Top companies offering work from home jobs</a>
Ever wondered how much the 2016 presidential candidates earn from the books they sell while they're soaking up huge amounts of media attention during elections?
I know I often wonder whether media coverage equates to whether voters on the ground are willing to put down their money to buy something (i.e. like a book or t shirt) produced/endorsed by one of the candidates.
Despite spending most of my time working on my own startups, I find myself drawn to reading about what other people are up to, or making use of - whether it is new ideas, new marketing strategies & tools, or even inspiring stories. I can't help it. I have to keep tabs on who's doing what and what the latest trends, gadgets & tools are.
The humble home office desk and chair have come along way. Now we have adjustable ergonomically designed swivel chairs that do everything but make the coffee. In fact, it can't be too long before we get a smartchair - an iChair - that can control the coffee machine.
But, as it turns out, making yourself as comfortable and supported (in all the right places) may not be as good for you as it seems. In fact, the less our bodies have to do the weaker they can become and more susceptible to injury and other problems.
I love finding new motivational quotes from successful entrepreneurs and other personalities and find that reading an inspirational saying each morning, before starting work, makes a big difference to my day.
There's something encouraging about knowing that these people made it big and are sharing a bit of their wisdom with us. And, luckily, there is one fantastic site called Strange Fox that specialises in turning inspirational and motivational quotes into fantastic phone wallpapers and desktop backgrounds for women... absolutely free.